My “contribution” to this fabulous recipe sharing idea is what NOT to do
while cooking grilled cheese sandwiches. Do NOT try to multitask and
get things done while cooking.

I need to remember that I have burned the crap out of every grilled cheese sandwich I’ve made in the past few months, and pay closer attention.

Please, do not let your grilled cheese sandwiches end up like mine.

Three burned grilled cheese sandwiches.

For the record, my kids would not touch them. I wasn’t so picky and ate them anyway.

17 Responses to D-Feast Friday – Scott Style

I KNEW you would be posting about burnt grilled cheese sandwiches…what else would you do?

2. LOL!! Those actually look damn good to me…I’d think the burned bread adds a certain je ne sais quois…

3. David Jopke says:

THIS right here (among many other things) is why you’re awesome my friend!!!! As Rachel said, what else would you do?!?

4. Ginny says:

My dearest Scott… one thing is glaringly absent from this picture…KETCHUP!. I always thought that this was how grilled cheese was supposed to look. Then I had one made for me the correct way. MMMM makes me want one now.

5. Lorraine says:

Don’t forget the ketchup and Diet Coke!

6. Rachel, when we got these as kids we’d scrape the burnt toast off with a knife (over the sink). It works really well, just don’t do it in front of the kids. Of course then you wouldn’t have all those sandwiches to yourself.

7. Anonymous says:

Dude it is called “Blackened” big deal down in the Big Easy.

8. mary says:

How burnt do they have to be before they are O carbs?

9. sisiay says:

if they didn’t look like that, you’d have to just call them “warm cheese sandwiches” or “barely melted cheese sandwiches”. keep up the good work :)

10. Sysy Morales says:

Dude whatever, I would so eat these!!!! Thanks for posting, I had forgotten how good grilled cheese sandwiches are (and I do like them a tad burnt). Here I come fall/winter 2010!

Dude they still look good to me. As long as there is some brown showing and it’s not all black, I am in.

I’m with Bernard – scrape them with a knife and you are good to go. LOL Actually, reading your post makes me want to come cook for you!!

13. karena says:

ketchup or ranch dressing and those are totally good to go. Or even just like that. Those of us who don’t cook can’t be too picky!!

14. Cherise says:

Lol I knew you post a grilled cheese sammich lol or should I say a burnt cheese sammich haha

15. Haha! You guys are fabulous and make me SMILE!!!
    I always eat my grilled cheese sandwiches with TONS of ketchup (and sodapop, of course)!

16. Bob P says:

Hmmm….so “accidentally” burning the sandwiches took you from getting to eat one sandwich to getting to eat three sandwiches? Acciidental. Hmmmm….. :)