Today (September 1, 2010) is the first “Diabetes Art Day”, a really fun project that Lee Ann (with a little help from Cherise) announced recently.

My niece, a creative genius, was over this weekend, and I recruited her to help me.  I love how she thinks – everything is art and creation.  I am often amazed at the beautiful pieces she creates, and this time was no exception.

I also get a kick out of irony.  And with that, I present “The Smarty Smarty!” Imagine the low I could treat with this bad boy! It’s the size of a PIZZA!

20 Responses to A Smarty Smarty

1. deanusa says:

wow!!!! i so like that!! lmao
    im seeing things i never even thought of doing!!
    that is way cool

2. Stacey D. says:

That’s so nice + colorful! Me likey :)

3. Heidi says:

I love it-so creative!!

What a rainbow of colors. (Ahem, ahem. Colors.)

That’s wonderful! :)

6. Yes! I LOVE it! May have to print that out and hang above my desk at work, with a sign that says “In Case of Low… Find Smarties!” Of course, I may now need to go find some yummy little candies myself… Great stuff, Scott!

7. Scott S says:

I should ask my niece to make a Smarties desert!

That is awesome! and a GRIP OF SMARTIES!
    How sad is it that I used to call them my pills and pretend I had to take them. Now ironically, I do have to take them to treat a low! LOL

9. Wendy says:

OMGsh….My Candy Heart is suddenly craving smarties :)
    Love it.

10. Scott says:

That explains why the Smarties futures just jumped 50 points on the NASDAQ…

11. sisiay says:

that is some sweet art. and a lame pun. nice job man.

12. amylia grace says:

dig it! Two thumbs up!

13. Val says:

Obviously you need to bring one of these suckers along for a d-meetup – think about it, NO ONE else would need to carry juice! I should hang one on the bedroom wall to gnaw at in case of lows ; )

14. Crystal says:

LOVE THIS! :-)
    I want one. She should make some more and sell them. Ha.

15. Who knew Smarties could become something so beautiful?? I love the texture and how it creates a kind of landscape with the highs and lows – so much meaning there! I bet you and she had fun, and I hope you’ll pass along all the kudos to her for her artistic collaboration with you :)
    Big hugs and heartfelt thanks for adding the only Smarties sculpture to Diabetes Art Day, and also for your efforts encouraging others to participate. I’ve just been in awe of the level of participation because it exceeded my expectations. What a memorable day it’s been in the DOC!

So cool!!! I think you could treat the lows of the whole D-OC with that Smartie!! I used Smarties in my art project too – although apparently Smarties and Play-Doh do not mix in 98 degree weather. An hour after I photographed my creation, the Smarties turned into a watery mess and I had to wipe them away. :(

17. Cherise says:

Everytime I go low. I look at this picture. Yum!!!!

18. Lorraine says:

May you never have a low that needs that many Smarties. Nice job. Very pretty. :)

19. J.B. says:

Love this! I am still working on my case of Smarties I ordered a couple of years ago. They are getting a little hard to chew, but still effective…. :)