Yes, I know I’m late.
But – better late than never right?!
I really do have some stuff to post about, but I’ve been so damn busy. I’m sorry it has been a bit sparse around here lately. I promise I’ll get my priorities back in order and get some good stuff posted soon!
That being said – here we go with the meme!
Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
1. Learn to save my money and live comfortably. I don’t need to be rich, just comfortable.
2. Watch my kids grow up, meet my kids kids, and maybe even THEIR kids!!
3. Learn to like fruit & veggies…
4. Travel more, and I mean for fun — not for work. With my wife.
5. Find better balance of quality of life and satisfactory diabetes management.
6. Retire and do whatever the heck I want to do every day (ties closely with #1, and #4 I guess).
7. Meet Kevin Garnett and have some time to talk with him.
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Think of even ONE remotely funny diabetes related joke. DAMMIT!! I haven’t given up yet…
2. Save money. See #1 in the list above.
3. Do “handyman” stuff around the house. I usually make it worse. Then I call for help.
4. Eat just one serving. Of anything. Unless I don’t like it. Then I don’t even finish the one I tried.
5. Ice Skate. Yes, I do live in Minnesota and have my whole life. That is irrelevant.
6. Keep anything clean. I’m like a kid. A big sloppy kid.
7. Dress nice. I don’t buy clothes, and I count on my wife to help me not look too ridiculous when I leave the house. You should see me when she’s mad…
Seven Things That Attract Me To My Lady:
1. She’s HOT!
2. Her kindness, caring attitude, and patience.
3. Her beautiful eyes.
4. Her ability to understand what’s going on in my mixed up head.
5. Her self-confidence.
6. How awesome she is with our kids.
7. She’s stubborn and takes no shit from people (including me!).
Side note – I have been madly in love with my wife since I was 15 years old. How lucky can a guy be to grow up in love with his high school sweetheart, get married to her, and raise a family with her. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I thank her for all of the sacrifices she has made to love me in return.
Seven Things I Say:
1. “Ah Mother Fuck…” – this typically follows the result of a blood sugar test…
2. “What the Fuck?!” – this too typically follows the result of a blood sugar test…
4. “Holy Shit Batman!”
5. “PLEASE stop poking me in the eyeball…” – this is said only to my 4 year old daughter on Saturday and Sunday mornings around 9:00 A.M. She’s up and I’m not, and she’s trying to change that.
6. “Major Suckage”
7. “What do you mean my credit card did not go through?”
Seven Books That I Love:
1. The Chronicles of Tao
2. The Celestine Prophecies
4. Way of the Peaceful Warrior
5. Conversations With God
6. Showdown with Diabetes
7. Think Like a Pancreas
Side note #2 – Man – that was REALLY hard for me! Maybe it’s a sign that I need to read more? I listen to a LOT of audio books – but didn’t include them here. Most of the time, whether I like those or not has more to do with the narrator than with the quality of the book…
Seven Movies That I’ve Loved:
1.The Princess Bride
2.The Usual Suspects
5.Kill Bill vol. 1
6.A Christmas Story (Thank you TNT (Christmas eve marathon…)!)
7.Many of my kids movies (Shrek, Monsters Inc., Toy Story, Monster House, etc).
Seven People I Tag:
4. Him too
5. Her too
7. and They