Today is the last day of the 2011 Diabetes Blog Week. I’d like to send a very sincere “Thank You” to Karen for her great idea, the courage to give it a shot, and for all of the energy she put into making it happen.
Our assignment today is to talk about the experience of coming together online and what we’ve learned. Heck, where do I start?
I have learned that:
- The diabetes online community is even bigger and better than I thought. While I know I’m not able to keep up with all of the new blogs, I’m amazed at how large, diverse, talented, and passionate this community is. I’m so proud to be a part of it.
- Seeing so many people come together like this makes me very emotional.
- It is very hard for me to post something every single day, even with prompts for topics. This is because I’m spread too thin trying to make ends meet. Someday I’ll be able to really focus on my diabetes writing and communicating. I can’t wait for that to happen.
- We are all very gifted communicators. I’m so impressed with most of the things I’ve seen this week.
- I’m so happy to have made such good friends from all of this, and you have all changed my life in a positive way.
- I’d be very happy doing nothing more than reading diabetes blogs and writing blog posts all day every day.
What a great week it has been, and yes Karen, there needs to be a 3rd Annual Diabetes Blog Week.